|2. 09. 2019
||Intensive (Monday to Thursday, 9.30 – 11.45)|
|2. 09. 2019||Intensive (Monday to Thursday, 12.30 – 14.45)|
MORE COURSE DATES BELOW
Who is this language course for?
The A1.1 course is a German course for beginners without previous knowledge of German language.
The A1.2 is a course for beginners with low German language skills.
What do I learn?
Our A1 course is designed for complete beginners, no prior knowledge of German is needed. Here you will learn the basics of German grammar as well as develop simple communication skills i.e. to introduce yourself and others, to talk about yourself and your hobbies, talk about emotions and expectations, plans and past events. You will learn common language that is used in everyday situations which will help you start communicating in German. The topics that will be covered in this course include: in the office, at university, leisure time, food and drink, everyday situations, travel, housing, body parts, health. You will learn the basic fundaments of German grammar and vocabulary like: numbers, countries, occupations, directions and much more!
|Grammatical contents A1.1||Grammatical contents A1.2|
|Personal pronouns & verbs in present tense, propositions, interrogative sentences, specific & indefinite articles, possessive articles, modal verbs, negation, local and temporal prepositions, composites, verbs and groups of nominations in nominative and accusative, plural of nouns, preterite of sein and haben||Separable & inseparable verbs, perfect tense, temporal prepositions, conjunctions, imperative, dative, local & alternating prepositions, verbs with location & direction, comparison of adjectives, verbs with dative and accusative, modal verbs in the preterite, past forms of verbs, prepositions|
How is the A1 German course structured?
The A1 level consists of two parts: A1.1 and A1.2. Each part lasts 4 weeks. The whole A1 level lasts 8 weeks. See all course dates below and choose between an Intensive and Super Intensive course. At the end of the course a final test is written – if you participate in the course (at least 80%) and pass the test, you can get a certificate from us.
4 Weeks 205€
plus 10€ registration fee
| DAYS & TIME
||MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY
09.30 am – 11.45 pm
12.30 pm- 2.45 pm
A1.1 4 weeks A1.2 4 weeks
| TEACHING HOURS
|3 x 45 minutes / day
PER WEEK: 12
PER MONTH: 48
7. 10. 2019 12.30 – 14.45
2. 09. 2019 12.30 – 14.45
4 Weeks 250€
plus 10€ registration fee
|DAYS & TIME||MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
12.30 pm – 3.30 pm
A1.1 4 weeks A1.2 4 weeks
|TEACHING HOURS||4 x 45 minutes / day
PER WEEK: 16
PER MONTH: 64
6. 01. 2020 9.30 -12.30
7. 10. 2019 9.30 – 12.30
COMBINE YOUR SUPER- or INTENSIVE COURSE
WITH THE CONVERSATION COURSE
DEUTSCH DIREKT ON FRIDAYS
What is the difference between an intensive and a superintensive course?
The intensive course lasts 3 teaching units (45 minutes) per day, the superintensive course is slightly longer: it lasts 4 teachings units per day. Both German courses cover the same amount of material, but the Super-Intensive Course gives you more time to practice what you have learned.
INTENSIVE: 48 lessons/ month SUPERINTENSIVE: 64 lessons/ month
This is how you learn with us
Our teaching methods are focused on the practical usage of German language in a dynamic and playful way with a lot of interaction with other fellow students i.e. through group and pair work, role plays, short presentations, assignments etc. Our methods encourage speaking and active participation of each student in class from the first day on, whereas learning German becomes fun and learning progress gets visible more quickly. We only use German during classes which allows our students to learn in a more natural way and helps them overcome the fear of making mistakes and to speak. Our qualified and creative teachers design the German lessons …… READ MORE
LOOKING FOR AN EVENING COURSE?
Our teaching methods
• Dynamic, communicative teaching approach: i.e. a lot of speaking!
• The focus lies on the active application of what has been learned from the first lesson onwards.
• The only language used in class is German.
• Regular evaluation of the learning progress of our students through repetitions and language tests
• Frequent use of the direct method, which conveys the feeling for the German language in a playful way through conversation, listening and repeating, role plays as well as visual elements.
• Error correction and feedback from the teacher
• Our native-speaking teachers convey an authentic feeling for language. Well-trained and experienced, easy to deal with and motivated, creative and open.
• Up-to-date, varied and well-chosen teaching materials, which are also aimed at imparting knowledge about Germany.
• The linguistic ability and skill areas are derived from the four basic skills (speaking, writing, listening and reading); the skill of speaking is divided into two parts: participating in conversations (interactional speaking) and speaking coherently (transactional speaking). This results in five areas of ability and skill. It is particularly important to us to develop these five linguistic abilities and skills of each student equally and to promote them with appropriate learning tasks.
LANGUAGE SCHOOL FOR GERMAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
We are a language school specialized in German as a foreign language (DaF) for adults in Berlin, Kreuzberg. Our course system and teaching contents are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Each German course is followed by a language examination – each of our participants receives a sprachart BERLIN certificate of level completion. As a certified examination centre and telc licenced partner, we offer high quality German language classes and the opportunity to take the globally recognised telc language examination with us. We believe that structured knowledge transfer and fun in class encourage effective learning. A pleasant learning atmosphere that encourages participation and speaking is just as important to us as the professional qualifications and creativity of our teachers. Our German language courses … READ MORE
NOT SURE WHICH LEVEL YOU SHOULD BOOK?
Here you’ll find our PLACEMENT TEST